Monday, January 2, 2017

2018 Follow the Clues Headquarters


Introduced in 2017, we're all set for another round of the Follow the Clues Mystery Challenge. Here you will find a link to the original sign-up and information post. I will also link up a post for each month's reviews. The link will be open a few days into the next month. If you miss posting reviews in a certain month, feel free to add those reviews to future links. The final wrap-up--which should be presented as evidence before the court--will go live towards the end of the year. Good luck!

*END OF YEAR UPDATE: At the close of this year's challenge, I will be storing the Follow the Clues Mystery Challenge in mothballs. It's possible that I will tweak it and return it to circulation some time in the future. If you like a mystery challenge without publication date restrictions, be on the look-out for a new Calendar of Crime Challenge that will be posted during the first week of November (if all goes as hoped).



Original 2018 Sign-Up Post  

January Reviews
February Reviews
March Reviews 
April Reviews
May Reviews
June Reviews
July Reviews
August Reviews
September Reviews
October Reviews
November Reviews
December Reviews

2018 Present Your Evidence (Final Wrap-up)


8 comments:

LuAnn @ BackPorchervations said...

I've got a question, Bev. At least in my case, I'm thinking instead of picking my next mystery read based on the thread of evidence, to keep track of all my mystery reads and then find the thread after. Does that work with your ideas for the challenge, or ...?

Bev Hankins said...

Well...actually...No. My idea was that each book would lead to the next one. From the original sign-up post:

"Your goal? To follow a set of clues furnished by the mystery books you read to create a body of evidence to support a book court case. Each book clue should lead you to your next read."

And then I give examples of how one book can lead to another.

Of course, I'm probably not going to be checking up on how closely your books follow one another. So, I'm not sure how I'd really check on this.

neer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Peggy Ann said...

Not doing too well at this. Read two but the next couple didn't have anything I could connect it to so I guess I'm out already :(

Bev Hankins said...

Peggy Ann: Put your investigation on hold until you can make a connection. I don't mind if you skip over a few books--I just don't want anybody reading all year long and then looking back through all the books they read and making a case. I was hoping it would be more of an adventure connecting books along the way.

Nell said...

I've reached infraction level with 6 connected mysteries. Two of the books I read have eight clues in common! Here's a link to my post on GR

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/814542-nell-s-theme-and-series-reads?order=a&page=3#comment_160808357

Anonymous said...

Why have I only stumbled across this now?! :( I hope you do this again next year. I would really love to join. :)

Thomas peaple said...

Okay so my list (spoilers alert)
The Murder of Roger Akroyd
Clue: narrator involved in murder
The Secret History
Clue: university campus setting
Last Seen Wearing Hilary Waugh
Clue: victim killed for there sexual relationship with the murderer
4.50 From Paddington
Clue: reference to time in title
The Daughter of Time
Clue: historical
The Luminaries