Thursday, June 7, 2012

Theme Thursday: Month



Hosted by Reading Between the Pages

Rules
  • A theme will be posted each week (on Thursday’s)
  • Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you are reading
  • Mention the author and the title of the book along with your post
  • It is important that the theme is conveyed in the sentence (you don’t necessarily need to have the word)
*Link back to Reading Between the Pages

And this week's theme is Month.


Here is my selection from Pearls Before Swine by Margery Allingham (p. 88):

DE: I'm afraid the whole thing sounds crazy to you with so much serious business going on all around. It does to me, but quite apart from the real business abroad a whole series of silly little things, some of them pretty serious and some of them pretty small, seem to be happening in this town at top speed.
AC: I know.  I've not been back for twenty-four hours yet, but already I've noticed a certain March-hare quality; a sinister March hare, if I may say so, about the old home.  It's very odd.  Rather alarming.
DE: Oh, so it's not always like this?
AC: Not at such speed.

[Don Evers; Albert Campion] 

2 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Very curious goings-on...now I'm curious!

Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

Lady In Read said...

so much change in twenty four hours - is kind of true - so much can happen each minute... thank you for visiting.. and the book sounds interesting