Saturday, May 12, 2012

Bout of Books Read-A-Thon Goals

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon



It's that time again--the Bout of Books Read-A-Thon, created by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and now hosted on its very own blog HERE.  You can also follow the fun on Twitter using the hashtag #boutofbooks or following @boutofbooks.

I nearly missed this round of Bout of Books--but thanks to Lit Addicted Brit, here I am. I signed up once and somehow managed to delete my Goal Post.  Here it is again--as close as possible to my original post.


My Goals
*To read as many books as possible and kick-start my reading pace again.  
*To read at least 5 and hopefully 7 books by the time I'm done.
*To have fun!
*To attack the teetering pile of TBR books in the back room and knock out some challenge books.


Books To Read
The Morning After Death by Nicholas Blake 
The Last Escape (aka: Dishonour Among Thieves) by E. C. R. Lorac
The Man in Lower Ten by Mary Roberts Rinehart  
A First Class Murder by Elliott Roosevelt
Garden of Malice by Susan Kenney
A Dram of Poison by Charlotte Armstrong
Such Friends Are Dangerous by Walter Tyrer

Updates


5/14
Participated in Bookish Question hosted by Sarah Says Read
Number of books I’ve read today: 2
Total number of books I’ve read: 2
Books:
The Morning After Death by Nicholas Blake 
The Last Escape (aka: Dishonour Among Thieves) by E. C. R. Lorac

5/15
Number of books I’ve read today: 1
Total number of books I’ve read: 3
Books:
The Man in Lower Ten by Mary Roberts Rinehart  (today)


5/16
Number of books I’ve read today:1
Total number of books I’ve read: 4
Books:
A First Class Murder by Elliott Roosevelt (today)


5/17
Number of books I’ve read today: 1
Total number of books I’ve read: 5
Books: A Dram of Poison by Charlotte Armstrong (today)


5/18
Number of books I’ve read today: 0 (Friday was a slow reading day.  Only managed 130 pages--about half the current book)
Total number of books I’ve read:5
Current book (1/2 done): Such Friends Are Dangerous by Walter Tyrer


5/19
Number of books I’ve read today: 1
Total number of books I’ve read: 6
Books: Such Friends Are Dangerous by Walter Tyrer (finished today)


5/20
Number of books I've read today: 0 (73 pages of current book)
Total number of books I've read: 6 (and 1/3)
Books: Garden of Malice by Susan Kenney (current book)


6 comments:

creativedeeds said...

Great list of books. Good luck and have fun!

Rebecca said...

Enjoy your picks and have fun! :)

Lit Addicted Brit said...

Yey - so glad that you spotted it in time :-)

I can't wait to just get stuck in now! My list is pretty modest compared to a lot of people's but I'm definitely looking forward to spending a whole week prioritising reading! If I get through three books, I'll be happy.

Good luck in getting through your fabulous looking list!

Janie said...

Good luck this week :)

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Good luck with your goals, Bev. Have fun reading this week!

Jacinda (The Reading Housewives) said...

I hope you're able to tackle that TBR shelf and get those books read! Good luck! Hopefully you've already started reading!