Monday, May 2, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a bookish meme hosted by Book Journey. It's where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It's a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over via the link above and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what you are reading.


Books Read Last Week (click on titles for review):
Victorian Tales of Mystery & Detection by Michael Cox (ed)
Death of a Doxy by Rex Stout
An Author Bites the Dust by Arthur W. Upfield
Black Sheep by Georgette Heyer
The Prisoner of Zenda by Anthony Hope
Fantastic Voyage by Isaac Asimov

Currently Reading:
The Imperfectionists by Tom Rachman: Set against the gorgeous backdrop of Rome, it follows the topsy-turvy private lives of the reporters, editors, and executive of an international English-language newspaper as they struggle to keep it--and themselves afloat.

Currently Listening: (I don't do books on tape/CD very often--but this was the only way I could get my hands on this particular Wodehouse book without buying it....)
Heavy Weather by P. G. Wodehouse: It's Heavy Weather for Lord Emsworth and the Empress, especially with the appalling Sir Gregory Parsloe-Parsloe snooping around with designs on the prize pig.

Books that spark my interest:
Intruder in the Dust by William Faulkner
The Cat Who Could Read Backwards by Lillian Jackson Braun
Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury
The Wyndham Case by Jill Paton Walsh


4 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi Bev,
All your books sound awesome! I'll have to check out a couple of them. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books
http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2011/05/its-monday-what-are-you-reading.html

Tracy said...

I love the title The cat who could read backwards. If I saw that in the shop I would definitely buy it!

M.J. Fifield said...

I'm currently reading White Cat by Holly Black. I'm not very far into it but it's very interesting so far.

bibliophiliac said...

Bev, I'm so glad you're on the mend. Enjoy your reading time-you have a nice stack to work on!